Quandry: Used Magico V2 vs. new S1

It is time to update my speakers. I have a lead on a nice used pair of V2's which probably can be gotten for $9 -$9.5K, vs a new pair of S1's that list for $12.6K. I like the Magico sound, have heard the V2 but not the S1, although I will try before making a decision. There will be no opportunity to hear them side by side so separate auditions may not be meaningful unless the S1's greatly disappoint.

Any thoughts, Comrades? You know how traumatic it is to change speakers.

Thanks,

Neal
nglazer
Jymc, it is WELL documented that Conductors in their 80's and even 90's who can't hear 6k on a hearing tester routinely correct musicians playing at twice that frequency.
If something is burned in your brain it can recreate it, hearing has to do with memory as much as physics.
Human brain is just starting to be understood.
no disagreement from me Schubert. My only argument is that you ATTEMPT to duplicate at home what YOU hear at a live concert. I could be sitting right next to you at the concert and hear something slightly different from what you're hearing. Duplicating that experience for different folks might involve Magico, Rockport, Raidho or even B&W.

As I've said, I've lost some high frequency acuity. At the same concert, you are likely hearing more sizzle in the cymbals, violins, oboes than I am. Hence, many of us are inclined to build and tweak our systems to compensate for our personal hearing differences/deficits. And the recording process is a tricky proposition balancing acoustical science with subjective creativity that rarely captures all attributes of the performance.
no disagreement from me Schubert. My only argument is that you ATTEMPT to duplicate at home what YOU hear at a live concert. I could be sitting right next to you at the concert and hear something slightly different from what you're hearing. Duplicating that experience for different folks might involve Magico, Rockport, Raidho or even B&W.

As I've said, I've lost some high frequency acuity. At the same concert, you are likely hearing more sizzle in the cymbals, violins, oboes than I am. Hence, many of us are inclined to build and tweak our systems to compensate for our personal hearing differences/deficits. And the recording process is a tricky proposition balancing acoustical science with subjective creativity that rarely captures all attributes of the performance.