How long do B&W 800 series speakers last

Hi,

I am curious to know the average life of these high end speakers particularly B&W800 series. Does the surround/ cone material give up with time due to material fatigue, dust and air corrosion etc
Does the SQ degrade.

I assume they last for like 20-30 yrs given the resale prices. I see prices dip to only 50% in 15yrs. Even less for N805's

I am sure 6-7 yrs use is very normal But what about 10-14 yr old nautilus ?
Or how about an matrix 805 treated like a baby for 20 yrs.
amitchandna06
ZD - thats good because I was kidding and it was a joke. I should have put a grin at the end of it to qualify it as such. so here u go.

:^)

Thanks for your responses so far. I have a 685 and was looking around for a used N803. Since they came in 1999, i was curious if they hold SQ even after 14yrs. They still sell for 1/2 the original price so they must be good.

It seems the speaker placement(near heat) and other factors mater.
I guess speakers do fine but its the subwoofers that would have a shorter life due to excessive vibrations/cone movement/proximity to floor.

Would be nice if people can share what older B&W they have and how since how long.
I owned a pair of 703s for about 7 years (sold now) that still looked and sounded brand new.
In the past speakersunits were made often from paper. After 15-25 years they become slower. The rubberrings on the outside also get broke. These days the materialuse is better. Also from the 800 series. But after time speakersunits Always are less tight and become slower in respons.