How long do B&W 800 series speakers last

Hi,

I am curious to know the average life of these high end speakers particularly B&W800 series. Does the surround/ cone material give up with time due to material fatigue, dust and air corrosion etc
Does the SQ degrade.

I assume they last for like 20-30 yrs given the resale prices. I see prices dip to only 50% in 15yrs. Even less for N805's

I am sure 6-7 yrs use is very normal But what about 10-14 yr old nautilus ?
Or how about an matrix 805 treated like a baby for 20 yrs.
amitchandna06
"I wonder why ....."

What does the type of music have to do with blown speakers? I listen to heavy metal and techno as part of my choices and I have NEVER blown a speaker. And, I do not listen to chamber music with 75db peaks either.

I think that response was uncalled for.

Stereo5 - you are absolutely correct. it was uncalled for.
I apologize to zd , yourself and any others...

the good thing is when blown drivers happen owners can go here.

http://bwgroupsupport.com/parts
ZD - thats good because I was kidding and it was a joke. I should have put a grin at the end of it to qualify it as such. so here u go.

:^)

Thanks for your responses so far. I have a 685 and was looking around for a used N803. Since they came in 1999, i was curious if they hold SQ even after 14yrs. They still sell for 1/2 the original price so they must be good.

It seems the speaker placement(near heat) and other factors mater.
I guess speakers do fine but its the subwoofers that would have a shorter life due to excessive vibrations/cone movement/proximity to floor.

Would be nice if people can share what older B&W they have and how since how long.
I owned a pair of 703s for about 7 years (sold now) that still looked and sounded brand new.