Need help in matching avr system with Focal 706S

Hi, I am totally a newbee in HT so I need help in matching a good quality AVR system for a pair of Focal 706S speakers and a PSB C5 central. I will add SW and focal surround later if my budget allows. If not then I will buy those couple months later. My current AVR is Yamaha TXR 6570. I would like to use for mainly music like 80% and about 20% for movie. I do have 3D TV and will not be upgrading to 4K TV for couple years later. My budget is about $800- 1K max. I don't mind to buy used items.

I have a 18F height ceiling living room and 12x14f room. Also the living room is connect to the kitchen area. I am not a loud volume listener either.

Any input will be greatly appreciated for a good AVR which will work great for a cheap pair of Focal 706S.

beaconsea
"08-01-14: Beaconsea
Thank you Zd542. I like to improve on SQ. I really enjoy listen to music and many of people have told me that my current AVR doesn't allow Focal to its higher performance level. I am looking for sound improving with decent cost of AVR."

I understand what you're trying to do, but I think you need to rethink your approach. When talking about improving SQ there are so many different aspects to SQ, you need to narrow it down. Not only that, "improvements" can be made objectively and subjectively. That means, even though you have made an improvement, you may not like it. Here's an example of what I mean. Lets say you get a new receiver and one of the improvements is greater high frequency extension. On paper, that may seem like a good thing. But you still have to factor in your personal tastes. You may find that the extension in the HF's is something that you don't enjoy at all, even though you can argue that you now have better SQ. If you want more examples, you can just pick through these threads at random, and you'll have enough reading to last a very long time.

The only advice I can give you, that makes sense (at least to me), is to start listening to different equipment. Do your best to remember what it sounds like, and compare it to your current system. As you gain some experience listening to different products, you'll develop personal preferences for the type of sound you like. You will find that some equipment, even though its much more expensive that what you currently have, you don't like at all. And of course, the opposite will likely occur. The whole idea here, is to work yourself up to a level where you don't need help from others to pick equipment, because we all like different things. Use opinions to help guide you and consider some alternative solutions, but you need to make the final decision if you want to be happy.
Arcam is a sonic match for Focal speakers.
I have auditioned the Arcam AVR w/ the Focal 918,928 loudspeakers. Very nice sound, w/o going the 'separates' route. Keep us posted.