Oppo BDP-105 Region Free

I have seen various region free (BD & DVD) Oppo BDP-105 players for sale on eBay. If you own one of these players, what has your experience been, any problems? Specifically, is it simple to switch zones automatically, what happens to region free coding when a firmware upgrade is installed, is audio or video quality compromised etc.
mgattmch
"Shakedown" and "Mental" miss the whole point of "Mgattmch's" original post. The question was specifically about region-free versions of the Oppo 105, which Oppo itself does not offer.

To get a region-free unit one must go to a secondary seller/distributor of Oppo products who offers that modification. Thus the central question of the original post.

Region-free modifications are frequently advertised on Audiogon.

FWIW, my own experience of region-free versions of the BDP 95 and 105 has been quite positive: ease of switching region-codes, no degradation in audio or video quality. However, I cannot answer the question about the consequences of firm-ware updates, since I have done none.
Zimmerma,

Thanks for the clarification, good to hear your positive comments about a region free Oppo BDP-105. If only I could buy a region free player direct from Oppo!!!
There is a region free AND ISO hardware hack on ebay that just plugs into 2 ports. Works flawlessly with the 95, & is said to work identically on the 105.
Forgot to mention it's jumped form $30 when I bought mine to $58; but still a steal compared with what the mod companies charge.