Long cable run from my phono preamp to linestage.

Due to constraints of a small 11 x 12 ft listening room and the difficulty accessing my turntable within a vertical rack, I've decided to place my turntable on a small table next to my listening chair. As this setup requires a 4 meter cable run between my turntable and full function preamplifier, I've decided to use a small stand alone phono preamplifier with 68db gain (MC) to sit next to my turntable. I am not terribly experienced with analog. Is it ok to use a 4 meter cable run between phono preamp and linestage? I'm sure it's better than sending an unamplified MC signal over 4 meters of cable to my full function preamplifier. Please note I do not have sufficient room to place my full function pre or my entire rack near the listening chair. Thanks for your opinions. Perhaps I'm overthinking this :))
audiobrian
George, just an fyi, both of my ARC units are tube. But, aside from the electrical characteristics of the SE I/C, ARC gear is designed to be extremely synergistic with other ARC gear.

Btw, just inserted a DEQX Premate in between my ARC Ref 5 SE linestage and Ref 150 amp. Was a bit concerned about impedance compatibility, but all is well. Little nervous about inserting an artifact in the line signal too. But I think the DEQX benefits greatly outweigh whatever downsides there may be.
Kim and Al are very good mates of mine and operate just around the corner, putting Deqx premate in between anything will never cause damaging trouble even if there is a impedance mismatch.

Your Ref 5 has a 300 ohms SE ouput impedance, they (AR) recommend a minimum of 20k load, and I see no impedance mismatch with the Deqx 50kohm input impedance, and the output of the Deqx being SS should be fine looking at the 300kohm input impedance of the Ref 150.

Deqx don't give an output impedance on their website propaganda sheet, I must let them know to include it, I assume it to be around 50-100ohms.

Cheers George

PS: They (Deqx) just rang me and said the output impedance of the Premate is 600ohm XLR and 74ohm SE.

Cheers George
Bruce & Paraneer, I agree with George's comments. Also, Bruce, I see that ARC indicates for the PH8 a maximum load capacitance spec of 2000 pf, in addition to the "recommended load" spec of 100 pf.

George, thanks for the info on the DEQX. I'm planning to get one also, in a few months.

Regards,
-- Al
i have run up to 10 ft with no impacts that i could hear but i prefer to keep them close. Cable quality may be an issue (had that the first time i tried a long run) with RF or other interference but it can be done
George ... please remind me how you know about DEQX. There's been so many threads and posts, I forget who said what.

Take a look at some of my posts. I think the DEQX Premate has done a great job squeezing everything out of my Paradigm S8s (v3) that they can offer. The DEQXpert had a devil of a time aligning my S8s. He had to use my self powered subwoofer to do a lot of low end bass lifting because the tweeter/midrange drivers are wired in reverse polarity as compared to the onboard woofers. Time alignment is not perfect, but much better. The cross over between the sub and the onboard woofers is about 120 Hz. It's all about compromises.

Also, my room wreaked havoc on the FR. The DEQX mitigated a lot of room problems.

Overall, imaging, coherence and sonic hue is much improved.