First foray into Class A amp -- recommendations

Thinking of checking out a Class A(or quasi) amp just to see if the sound is really better than a nice Class A/B amp. I want to buy a used amp and my budget is $2500-3000. My current class A/B amp is a McCormack DNA-1 Deluxe, rev. A.

I've been looking at a lot of amps here on A'gon and what I have come up with so far is the Krell KSA-200S, which, from what I read in reviews, operates largely in Class A into 8 ohm loads up to 200 wpc.

Considering that my McCormack is a pretty decent amp, do you expect that the Krell would offer a significant upgrade in my priority areas of bass slam and control, mid range transparency, and natural high frequencies? I also welcome any other suggestions or ideas. Thanks!
mtrot
"09-12-14: Melbguy1
Mtrot, I wouldn't get too hung up on Class A biasing to be honest, it is mostly marketing bs."

Class A actually means something. Its an actual feature of the product. I wouldn't call it BS. Getting hung up in marketing, BS or not, is a choice. Sometimes learning about audio and selecting the right products is hard. And that's just the way it goes. But if you take the time to figure out what is right for you, and purchase accordingly, you'll be far happier in the end. If you don't, it never ends. lol.
09-15-14: Zd542
"09-12-14: Melbguy1
Mtrot, I wouldn't get too hung up on Class A biasing to be honest, it is mostly marketing bs."

Class A actually means something. Its an actual feature of the product. I wouldn't call it BS. Getting hung up in marketing, BS or not, is a choice. Sometimes learning about audio and selecting the right products is hard. And that's just the way it goes. But if you take the time to figure out what is right for you, and purchase accordingly, you'll be far happier in the end. If you don't, it never ends. lol.
You're right, what would I know...
response to Jdoris about his comment that the Pass int-30a's power isn't higher than 30 watts:

It switches to AB above 30 watts and clips at 130 watts at 8ohm, 190 watts 4 ohm. So it's not about "effective" watts, but about actual power you can measure. The xa30 and int 30 amps are actually 130watt @8ohm, 190 watt @ 4ohm amps. The first 30 watts are class A.
Mtrot, if you go and audition a krell 400cx or 700cx, they will clearly out perform the pass labs amp you listened to, espeacially with high quality cables, my depth of the sound stage to me is endless,voices and instuments are incredible!
09-16-14: Audiolabyrinth
Mtrot, if you go and audition a krell 400cx or 700cx, they will clearly out perform the pass labs amp you listened to, espeacially with high quality cables, my depth of the sound stage to me is endless,voices and instuments are incredible!

Why would he want one of those problematic amps? I've heard they have microprocessor boards controlling the bias, and the boards are always screwing up so bad that even their own Krell technicians can't fix them.
Keep it simple!! Besides, I don't think those amps will be in his $2K-$3K price range.

Go ahead AL, get some practice using the markup tags on this reply. ;^)

Cheers,
John