Suggestions? Tubed linestage pre-amp??

Budget <$3500. Would prefer new but not ruling out newer used. Do not need a phono stage or DAC, so linestage (tubed not ss) - but don't want passive...need some gain.

Just starting to put together a short list. Looking to upgrade the Consonance Reference 50 pre I'm using. Hoping to find dealers allowing in-home audition or money back trial period.

On the list so far:
Doge 8 SCR
Eastern Electric Minimax
PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium

Checked past threads to see if this might have been covered. Couldn't find it. If there's something relatively current I missed, do please point me to it.

Thanks in advance for your help.
128x128ghosthouse
Thanks J and Truemaineiac - duly noted.

Anyone have experience with a Granite Audio 770-R?
What are you looking to improve and what aspects of sound reproduction are most important to you? Would help to get more targeted recommendations.
Soix -
What am I looking for?
Best I can do is to say more of what other system upgrades have provided. Namely, more heft to the music...that is, a greater palpability without (to my ear) altering tonal balance.

Instead of looking at a 100 lb. music image, I want a 200 lb. image. I'm exaggerating to make a point and obviously wouldn't want something fat or slow sounding.

Greater stage depth...so maybe stronger, more stable cues on instrument and vocal placement. The Forests do a great job at imaging and I've spent a lot of time on placement. Not interested in changing speakers.

What is most important to me?
An enjoyable experience of the music (have that now, really) aided by a well-resolved, non-fatiguing, large 3D presentation (to the extent that one is embedded in the actual recording).

Prefer slightly warm tonal balance over rigorously neutral and with tightly controlled bass. At the same time, enjoy musical detail and resolution but not at the price of introduced harshness.

Don't think I'm offering any unique insights here. Expect many interested in audio would want the same. Thanks for your time.