Your most disappointing purchase or audition?

I've had a few.

bought a Naim Nait 3. Loved it in the store. Returned it within a week- way forward at home

Brought home some CJ preamp to audition perhaps 22 years ago. Noisy as anything and a turn off transient destroyed a tweeter (though years later i bought a CJ 17LS2 which I thought was the finest preamp I ever heard in my home)

Auditioned a VPI table (HW19) in a store- the store just could not get the belt to stay on. Bought a Rega instead. This was in perhaps 1990.

Fortunately, I never really experienced buyers remorse say 6 months or more after settling on a piece of gear.

Finally, there have been too many speakers that got stellar write ups which I just didn't care for.
128x128zavato
Tubes108,
I know that Ralph of Atmasphere enjoys a good reputation and is generous in these forums with advice etc, and he and his company are as able as any of us to make a mistake.
All that I would like to add is that I have felt from your first post on this thread that you were being truthful.
I thought your last long post was clear and concise, and answered all of the allegations that you really didn't have an obligation to respond to. I agree with you that you contributed your experience like anyone else, and did not deserve to be butchered for it.
These forums can be very brutal at times.
Hi Tubes

I certainly expected that you had some sort of problem and that it wasn't completely fabricated. I had no need to question your initial post nor did I but when the manufacturer of said product went on the record to say it never happened. It is the ONLY reason I responded as you seemed satisfied not to rebut it in your second post. You indicated that this happened when you were "young and naive", maybe decades ago? Or are you still young but less naive? In any case if it happened many moons back it may explain why Ralph doesn't recall it happening. Obviously SOMETHING happened and if you are offering your experiences with a product(s) that are being completely disputed by the offending party wouldn't you want to go on the record to clarify it to everyone reading? Your comments about his business agenda, well Al Marg summed up my sentiments concerning that although you see it differently, fine you're certainly entitled to that conclusion. This is where I detected a bit of "bitter", maybe not?

Yes, I am guilty as charged of being a 3rd party observer however I have no relationship with Atma-sphere in any capacity nor have I owned any of their products but I certainly know folks that own or have with few issues I'm personally aware of and certainly not the recurring problems you encountered with different Atma-sphere products. Yes, I do admire Ralph and value his contributions which more often than not touch on areas beyond endorsing his products in those most subtle ways all but the most astute would take notice. No offense to you intended if any was taken and thank you for your clarification.
Tubes108, Hi, I am sorry, I appoligize to you, I did not mean for you to take what I said like that, no, I do not work for atmasphere at all, I just enjoy his post to all of us members, he has helped me a few times with answers to my questions on the threads, Ralph is a likeable member, but you post to me was valid indeed, thus, the appology.
Yes we are all human and mistakes happen. If there was problems with a manufactures unit, I feel they should fix them to a satifactory level. If the unit was bought used of course I would expect a charge if out of warranty. You have every right to be upset if this was not done or fixed.