Your most disappointing purchase or audition?

I've had a few.

bought a Naim Nait 3. Loved it in the store. Returned it within a week- way forward at home

Brought home some CJ preamp to audition perhaps 22 years ago. Noisy as anything and a turn off transient destroyed a tweeter (though years later i bought a CJ 17LS2 which I thought was the finest preamp I ever heard in my home)

Auditioned a VPI table (HW19) in a store- the store just could not get the belt to stay on. Bought a Rega instead. This was in perhaps 1990.

Fortunately, I never really experienced buyers remorse say 6 months or more after settling on a piece of gear.

Finally, there have been too many speakers that got stellar write ups which I just didn't care for.
128x128zavato
I've never heard mbl at shows come close to a properly set up showroom, even when both are done by the same seller.

So take what you hear at shows with a grain of salt there.
Tubegroover,
Your comments are true, particular circumstances and conditions can have significant influence so I try to factor that in. Ironically I usually find myself in agreement with Trelja more often than not, well we'll just differ in this case.
Regarding the moderator, someone didn't like my comments on a current thread concerning his Magico speakers so he reported me.Now my posts have to be approved.
Charles,
We ALL better be careful if the moderators are watching your words Charles. Maybe you should stop being so honest in your appraisals? What a joke!
Tubegroover,
The strange thing is that I didn't say anything bad about Magico, just expressed They have not impressed me . I freely acknowledged that they have loyal admirers who defend them vigorously.
Charles,
Charles1dad, belly aching and soliciting other members for sympathy with
your laughable version of events is not going to change the fact you
fragrantly breached Audiogon's TOS. And the fact the Admins acted so
promptly proves this. For the benefit of other members, I re-posted your
offending post below. My advice is suck it up mate and move on.

08-05-14: Charles1dad
Usermanual,
Your comments and disposition are the epitome of immaturity. You insult
anyone who disagrees with your childish defensive behavior and narrow
viewpoints.You're right and everyone else with alternative perspective is
wrong. The persistent and redundant need to wave the Magico flag is
overtly pathetic. People here are mature adults and can accept contrary
points of view, that's simply life. People here accept your choice of Magico,
yet you can't find it in you to return the same degree of common respect.
We're only discussing audio speakers and yes it's absolutely a subjective
undertaking(you"listen" and decide). Usermanuel some
listeners do find your beloved Magico to be the Subaru(or worse) in your
chosen analogy. You seem to have much self esteem invested in this Brand
ownership. This fragility is actually glaringly sad. All of this from you over
mere speakers?