High End Audio-Gaining Higher Ground?

This is a spin off from a meeting held by audio designers where the primary discussion was about high-end audio and how to get the younger generation interested & involved in high-end audio. One of the speakers mentioned that his son was not the least bit interested in his rig and if something was to happen to him, his son stated it all would be put up for sale on Ebay.

I thought it would be interesting to put this discussion forth to this audio community and to get opinions on the above subject. Are audiophiles a dying breed and what could rekindle this hobby for all new generations.
phd
Minorl, sugar is sweet to an infant as to an adult. Bitterness requires a learning curve.
Schubert,

I believe my analysis would be at the macro level.

Results at the micro level will be different, however, most likely those that embrace the inevitable global economy strategically and effectively will surely benefit most, while those that resist change will most likely tend to suffer more.
Onhwy61 expressed my feelings on the matter perfectly.

As I have watched this thread expand explosively to almost 100 reponses in 6 days, I keep wondering why there is so much being said about an amorphous, uncalibrated, utterly subjective and unimportant "standard"?

Try to step back and see how childish it all sounds.
Mapman, at least 10.000 children die a day as a direct result of global speculation in food.
In short, you're an ignorant fool.
Thanks Schubert.

Less speculation would seem to be in order. Not sure how to accomplish that one though.