High End Audio-Gaining Higher Ground?

This is a spin off from a meeting held by audio designers where the primary discussion was about high-end audio and how to get the younger generation interested & involved in high-end audio. One of the speakers mentioned that his son was not the least bit interested in his rig and if something was to happen to him, his son stated it all would be put up for sale on Ebay.

I thought it would be interesting to put this discussion forth to this audio community and to get opinions on the above subject. Are audiophiles a dying breed and what could rekindle this hobby for all new generations.
phd
My 18 year old son has no regard for my 2 "speaker based rigs" and even shrugs at my headphone system with Beyerdynamic T1 cans and Ray Samuels Raptor Headphone amp.
I mentioned Peter Green because he was in the original Fleetwood Mac band. Many people don't realize how great a guitar player Frank Zappa was, and while we're at it how about a shout out for Mike Bloomfield as well
"06-21-14: Dave_72
Keep in mind that this is primarily a North American problem. And it's due to a number of factors, most of which have already been addressed here. However, audio (and high end audio) is thriving elsewhere in the world, especially in the Far East!"

He's exactly right on that. If you've ever been to CES, most of the people there are Asian. (I'm talking about the high end section in the hotels, not the convention center). I have a couple of friends that are into vintage tube gear. They can't find enough stuff to buy and ship overseas fast enough. Huge crates packed with gear. They send it all to China.
Thank you. That's what I was getting at. China, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, even India...all crazy about hi-fi and high end audio. It's almost fully ingrained into their cultures its that popular. There's Europe too, but not as much.
I have heard from a couple of USA manufacturers that 75% of their business is from Asia. Rather ironic that most Americans buy Asian audio gear while the Asians are buying American gear.