McIntosh to be on How It's Made this Thursday

Just a quick note I received from McIntosh that the Science channel will have a segment on how the MC275 is made this Thursday evening. For anyone interested it may be fun to see the McIntosh factory.
128x128theo
Watched it. Kind of underwhelming, unfortunately, although production of a transformer was kind of interesting. Certainly not a full tour of a McIntosh factory. The entire segment lasted less than 10 minutes. Thanks for the heads up though.
Do the factory tour if you get the opportunity. The people at Mc are truly artisens that love their jobs and enjoy having visitors.
I watched it too. I also found the transformer part interesting. On a general note, the segment made it pretty obvious that there is a high labor content in the assembly of amplifiers. No wonder so much of this industry has moved off-shore.
I was disappointed that they didn't spend more time. But that is the way How It's Made does things. They do a good job with the time they dedicate to the subject, but I would have liked to see more of the assembly process. I think that McIntosh does so much in house is unique and makes their products special. Not to be misunderstood, I did enjoy it very much, but was left with a thirst for more. Miner42, I do have that tour on my bucket list, but it is a long trip and it may never happen. Maybe McIntosh will someday release some videos on YouTube.
Watched it on dvr. It made me want to buy a McIntosh tube amplifier for sure. I would never drop the cash for one of those however, already spent way to much over the years in the pursuit of a good sounding music system. The segment was so short it was an appetizer. Really adds to the respect of McIntosh for their tube amps.