Service from Audio Research

I recently brought a pair of ARC Reference 250 from a authorized dealer in Hong Kong. After one week, I noticed one of the mono blocks has problem turning on once it was switched off. It took at least a few hours, sometimes overnight before it can be turn on again.

The amp has been returned to the dealer for more one week and they have no idea what goes wrong. I tried to email to [email protected] asking for help. They don't even bother to reply. This is very disappointing and bad after sale service.

I wonder if any member has similar experience with ARC?
tli
Tli, you may very well be right. Last easy suggestion. Check all your tubes. I doubt a bad tube is at issue, but again, no harm in checking.

If still a "no go," call Kal or Chris first thing Monday am. ARC **will** make it right for you. I'd also ask the dealer for a loaner if the amp goes to a service center. I think you've been put out long enough.

I'm a very loyal ARC customer and fan. Please keep us posted on progress.

Bruce
Another two days have gone and still no news for my ARC Ref 250. I don't mind waiting but at least they should give me an account on what is going on. I emailed Kalvin and there is no reply.

It is very bad to take away a new amp from user for two weeks and nothing happens.

I was a loyal ARC user and fans. My first hi end pre amp was ARC LS1 25 years ago and I am now using the 40th Anni Ref. This experience is going to turn me away from ARC.

Kind of sad.
Forget the loaner amp, ask for a complete refund.

If I dropped $25,000 for a pair of brand new amps that were defective from day 1 and with no resolution in sight, I would not hesitate to go down to my dealer and demand a complete refund.