Installing a stereo in my garage. Suggestions?

Newly retired and eager to spend time with my woodworking hobby. Love listening to music (classic rock, classical and R&B) Limited budget (around $500). Pre-wired for two speakers in the ceiling and a sub-woofer. Source will be my i-pod or computer. No radio, no video, just music. I have a very good ear, but limited funds. What do you suggest?
dachrist51
I use an old Sansui 9090db in the garage....they are available for about $300...you can connect your Ipod to the aux input...get used speakers....big and cheap.
I also have the Audioengine A5+ speakers and have been very impressed with their sound. The do sound much better with a real CD player compared to my iPod. I think they would be worth the risk because you can send them back.
focusing on keeping fingers attached at those moments.

Give the man a cigar. Safety first, always.
My garage has full range single driver kits (BK-16) from the Madisound website powered by SET amps. The sound is incredible. They also have plans for speaker enclosures if you've got the room. With all the inexpensive tube amps these days $500 could get you some nice tunes.

Bill
Stalk Goodwill. Eventually, you'll find a good amp/receiver with an aux for your iPod. Of course, if it's a receiver, you can listen to the radio, too.
Since this will be in the garage, cosmetics may not be important.
Happy hunting.