opinions on mcintosh 275 V

I have the opportunity to pick up a McIntosh 275. The price is reasonable based on what i have seen listed on the agon amps section. This will be my first Tube amp. I have been looking for a tube amp to set up a dedicated stereo with my Vintage Klipschorns. I recognize i will also need to get a preamp for this. I am interested what folks think about the unit and what Preamps are recommended to match with this. My primary feed will be a maplenoll apollo fitted with a UniVerse cartridge.
oilmanmojo
McIntosh and Klipsch pair up exceptionally well. You won't regret your choice. Any quality pre will do but I would stick with tubes.
I have a 275 IV that was my first venture into tubes 7 years ago and I have no intention of replacing it. As said before, think also about tube rolling: small signal tubes first, then large KT88.

As far as preamps, I looked into the McIntosh models but decided for a Lamm LL2. While the ergonomics of the Mc are FAR better (remote, and all the bells and whistles), the sound of the Lamm was way superior to my ears and I concluded ergonomics were not as important to me. Have had that pre for 3 years and I love it. Also rolled tubes.

Other preamps I recall on my short list at the time: First Sound Presence, Atmasphere.

Do you need a built-in phono section?