tube buffers

tube buffers ,do they work,is the soundstage deeper,a smoother sound, or just wasting money and adding more cable, I have all solid state equipment? PS AUDIO PWD&PWT ,EMOTIVA PRE. XSP-1 AND WYRED4-SX1000 MON"S
smokenjo
If you are only listening to 2 channel, switch to a tube preamp. Then roll some tubes to find the flavor you like for your system. No need to add an extra component and cables.
Agree with the idea to get a good quality tube preamp in place of SS pre + tube buffer in the chain approach.
Charles,
Wasting money. Over the years tried a couple and did nothing to improve the sound. If you are looking for a tube sound then buy a tube preamp. A buffer will not do it.
Alan
I'm in the school of "clean signal into lightly greasy tube power amp", and even with a modest DAC it sounds sweet and doesn't lack in detail. So clearly the answer is to be like me...old and crotchety.
If I had to generalize, your electronics are known for more of a "clean/detailed/dry" presentation rather than one that is "full/round/warm". If the latter is the sound that you prefer, then I would look at replacing one or more items in your electronics chain to achieve that goal, rather than adding something additional.

Michael