Pro audio amp vs. residential amp

My Sim Audio (Celeste) HT-3 has taken a dump, and I can't really afford to ship it out for repairs. What are the communities thoughts on replacing it with a Pro-audio Crown xls1000 amplifier?

Sim audio p-5 pre
Cambridge DAC
Pro-Ject RM5 SE
Vonschweikert VR-4jr
bones45
Well I have the XLS in play, and I am really quite please with the sound. I am listening to Steely Dan Aja right now, and it sounds as crisp and clear as the SimAudio amp that died. Who would have thought that a $300.00 amp would sound as good as a 2k amp. It just goes to show how much we are willing to pay for a shiny name plate and review. It is truly in the ears of the listener. Thanks to all who helped me in the great decision. I would recommend that anyone debating the purchase of an amp check out this alternative. If doesn't work for you, you have a 30 return without question and no restock fee. -Happy Listening.
Which store/site did you purchase it from?
Thanks for example of affordable and great setup!
I purchased a Crown XLS 1500 amp at Guitar Center (30 day money back) about 3 weeks ago.It has boat loads of clean power and is dynamic and detailed. I like it, and it cost $350
as they matched Amazons price. It's quiet, I don't hear the fan at all. Low noise floor,it's not a perfect amp, but it is very good. My 2 cents. Well worth the $350 for sure...
I also purchased the Crown XLS 1500, not primarily for 2 channel stereo, but for a small rehearsal PA system. On a whim, I decided to try it in my main living room 2 channel system. I currently use a pair of Channel Islands D-200 class D with a pair of SP Tech Timepiece 3.0 speakers, which are low efficiency but highly revealing speakers. The Crown sounded like a tin can. Then I hooked up an old pair of cheap high efficiency Tannoy PBM speakers and they sounded just fine. My point is that if you have really revealing speakers with neutral upstream components, then the Crown may not be a good idea. If you have less expensive speakers that are colored or warm sounding by nature, then the Crown may work just fine. It's totally speaker dependent.