Advice on selecting a tube amp

Sold all of the Sunfire and Martin Logan system when we retired and moved from a huge condo to a 46' sailboat. I'm missing the music.
I am an audio analyst by trade and tend to pick my music apart.

I've got about $1500 to spend and a pair of Sunfire CRM2s. They are small enough for the boat and love the ribbon's imaging capabilities. 90Db sensitivity and 8 ohms.

I'm not physically able to do the modding and such, so I am looking for reliability. Researching the Music Angel turned daunting when I read about the amount of work some of the guys needed to make them perform. Hands shake a bit too much.

I don't listen to loud music much anymore, except a little Pink Floyd. Mostly instrumental Jazz and some Hawaiian slack key.
I want to make the move to tubes and prefer to buy one which I will keep. I'm in over my head, but I like it like that.

I need and really appreciate any suggestions you guys would share.
nicknac
I lived on a 45 ft. sailboat for a year, I know your situation. You want solid state, high-reliability, and good build quality. And you certainly don't want to spend stupid money on it.

You might take a look at the Emotiva Mini-X integrated amp, it will *easily* drive those Sunfires to very high levels. They also have some nicely built, reasonably priced separates (USP-1, XSP-1, XPA-100, etc.) if you want to go that way. 5 year warrantys, too. Visit Emotiva.com....

-RW-
Hi Nicknac,
You specifically requested tube amplifiers, so here are a few well regarded
and reasonably priced.
1. Quicksilver Audio.
2. Line Magnetic Audio.
3. Coincident Audio, they have a new el34 SET amplifier called the Dynamo
and is said to sound very good.
4. Jolida Audio.
These can at least get you quest started. I think you'll love a good tube
amplifier given your musical preferences. All of these mentioned brands
have very satisfied customers.
Charles,
I just picked up a Yaqin MC-30L tube amplifier. For under $650 it is a fantastic value in my opinion. It might sink your boat as it weighs around 45 lbs.

Seems like solid state would be a better fit for a boat. The Rega Brio is well reviewed and is small.
RL, Appreciate the reply. We bought a fairly nice boat/yacht. Swan 46. I have the standard boat stereo but it doesn't do justice to the music. I had considered a solid state Levinson or such.
We live aboard full time and I want a truly exceptional system. I figured it's time to try a tube system. It's a small warm place that should be a decent listening environment.
Iv'e heard some jaw dropping things, always from a tube amp. Listening to Yo-Yo-Ma and hearing the horse hair and rosin dragging across the the strings and the resonance of the cello was amazing.