Amp ventilation question

Hi group,
I have my eyes on the Marantz Reference PM15S2B Limited integrated; Marantz recommends a minimum of about 8" clearance on top, back and sides for proper ventilation. I have a Timbernation maple rack that's open on the sides and back, so that's not a problem. However, this amp would be going on a shelf with about 7" clearance on top.

Think that would be a problem? We're only talking about an inch, which I don't think would be a big deal, but wanted to run it by you folks.

Thanks in advance for your input,
Jeff
arcamguy
I think they're talking about closed cabinets. You won't have any problem in an open rack.
I've noticed that many doctors would apply the double of necessary anasthesia amount during even minor surgeries while minimum is plenty enough or even none if properly performed.
Same philosophy very often is applied to any product or process.
Don't worry even if it's 4" after all.
Have a Marantz PM8004 integrated, lower level than the one you have your eye on. No worries, you will not need anywhere near 8".

The laptop cooler mentioned earlier sounds like a great idea for tube based gear in tight spaces.. Might try that with my tube CD player.
Everybody,
Thanks for your responses. Good feedback.

Glen-how do you like your PM8004?

Jeff
I own the amp you are looking at. I also have 4 1/2" of top clearance for it my open rack. Absolutely no problems whatsoever.

As is the case with just about anyone offering a product or service, they are being overly cautious in this hyper-litigious society of ours. I believe their 8" caveat is right next to the warning not to spill any McDees hot coffee on it either.

BTW, its a great amp and I highly recommend it. I don't know what you intend on driving with it, but I drive a pair of 4 Ohm Vienna Acoustic Bach Grands with mine, and the Marantz has taken these speakers to new heights.