Best Amp for Timbre, Depth and Spatial Resolution?

I have an Ayre CD player, BADA Alpha DAC, deHavilland Mercury pre-amp, CJ MF-2500A amp and N802 - am looking to upgrade amp.
Would like to hear views on Best Amp for Timbre, Depth and Spatial Resolution.
Not married to tube or SS..
Always wonder about Stereophile recommended components such as Aesthetix Atlas, Parasound JC-1, CJ LP-125 and the likes. I would pay about $5k on Agon so there are some limitations.
Thanks.
128x128johnmc67
Based on my experience, I think that Ralph (Atmasphere) is spot on with his comments in the last paragraph of his response.

Johnmc67 - if you are looking for a substantive change or improvement in your system's sound (timbre, depth and spatial response) I would suggest that you consider different speakers. Not that I'm suggesting that there is anything wrong or lacking with your N802s, but the most effective way to make a major change in the sound of your system is by changing the components that actually generate the sound and interact with the room.

If you had an electric car and were looking to improve the ride to be smoother, would you first replace the tires or the voltage regulator?

Bill
Unsound, if you would like I can show you a letter from Steve McCormick that disputes your position. It was written to Paul Speltz, who is known for the ZERO autoformer and the Anti-cables.

The letter states that with the DNA-series amplifiers they sound better driving a 4 ohm load through the ZEROs as opposed to direct), wherein the amp is loaded at 16 ohms, despite the fact that the amp has no trouble whatsoever doubling power into 4 ohms and can drive that load all day.

I also have spec sheets on a good number of solid state amps. Take a look- you will see that the 4 ohm distortion level is always higher than 8 or 16 ohms. This distortion is composed of a variety of harmonics, including the 5th, 7th and 9th, which contribute brightness and harshness. Take those things away, or reduce them and the system is instantly more musical.
Using the ears that are attached to my head, I've heard 4 ohm speakers (Thiel, Proac, etc.) that sound absolutely wonderful with various tube or SS amps regardless of what's contained in Letters From Steve. I realize the sound music makes may not be that important, but that's what I hear.
I totally agree with Atmasphere on this one and it has been my experience also. This is one of those things that you really have to listen to in a side by side comparison to realize the general truth of it if you can't believe it on face value. It will then become quite obvious to your ears.
USHER AUDIO R1.5 is cheap and great for depth and weight on notes.
ARAGON 8008 MKII is also great and not expensive.