Fuse for SEAS Millennium T25 CF002-06 Tweeter.

These fairly expensive tweeters blow out more easily than any I have used. Fortunately replacement voice coils are available, but it's a damn nuisance. When I ordered new voice coils a while back I asked Madisound what fuse might be appropriate to protect the tweeter, but they were pretty skeptical that any fuse would work.

Good news, sort of. A 1 amp slow blow works. It took a real blast from some experimentation I was doing to blow the fuse, but it was the fuse and not the tweeter.
eldartford
"Blowing out" tweeters is indicative of something VERY wrong.

The experiences that I have had with Seas leave me highly suspect that the problem is the design of the driver. Eldartford, you must be really running some crazy signal into these tweeters to have experienced this more than once, let alone once. With all of the crazy things I have witnessed in my life, and believe me, there have been a lot of them, I've maybe blown out one tweeter.

The one that takes the cake is where a pair of speakers ran the tweeters flat out for over five years (and I've personally routinely listened to them at over 100 dB, often at over 115 dB). When my buddy finally realized his blunder, he didn't even want to tell me what he did. Let's just say the speakers are a whole lot smoother sounding now...

Of course, a fuse will protect a tweeter, but at a sonic price (ESPECIALLY with this level of driver) that I'd NEVER pay knowing what a decent tweeter can take.
Trelja...I have NEVER blown any tweeter, except these. The mishap did not occur with normal listening to music, but rather during some testing and experimentation that I screwed up. My fault all the way.

As to sound quality, I can detect no difference with the fuse in. This is hardly surprising since the fuse is a few tenths of an ohm and the crossover includes a tweeter padding resistor of 2 ohms.
Trelja...By the way, Madisound is out of stock on replacement voice coils. I wonder why :-(
Eldartford, at this point, if I had experienced what you did in buying these tweeters, I'd be dealing with Seas as opposed to Madisound.

It sounds like your experience heretofore has been the same as mine, so there may be something to this particular tweeter. At this point, were I to need to resort to things like fuses, I would be investigating tweeters from Vifa, ScanSpeak, Dynaudio, Focal(getting out of OEM, but there are a glut of them in the market, and supposedly will still supply autosound), Triangle, etc.

Personally, I was never high on Seas tweeters, for sonic reasons, but I have a lot experience with their midranges and woofers. Have nothing but the highest praise for them. The Millenium tweeter was the first line that I was actually interested in, though we opted for Vifa and ScanSpeak Ring Radiators - perhaps it was a fortunate thing...