Fuse for SEAS Millennium T25 CF002-06 Tweeter.

These fairly expensive tweeters blow out more easily than any I have used. Fortunately replacement voice coils are available, but it's a damn nuisance. When I ordered new voice coils a while back I asked Madisound what fuse might be appropriate to protect the tweeter, but they were pretty skeptical that any fuse would work.

Good news, sort of. A 1 amp slow blow works. It took a real blast from some experimentation I was doing to blow the fuse, but it was the fuse and not the tweeter.
eldartford

Showing 3 responses by eldartford

Trelja...I have NEVER blown any tweeter, except these. The mishap did not occur with normal listening to music, but rather during some testing and experimentation that I screwed up. My fault all the way.

As to sound quality, I can detect no difference with the fuse in. This is hardly surprising since the fuse is a few tenths of an ohm and the crossover includes a tweeter padding resistor of 2 ohms.
Trelja...By the way, Madisound is out of stock on replacement voice coils. I wonder why :-(
Trelja...Yes I do think these tweeters are more delicate than most, but what I did to them was far beyond normal use. I suppose the lightweight coil enhances HF response. I have no complaint with SEAS, except perhaps that they should have recommended fusing.