Low priced giant killers

Are there any small 2-ways? Can the Epos M5's do it or maybe something else in this price range (<$800). Some extension needed with some punch, big defined stage and a smooth top end including the detail. No peaks allowed. Not forward but also not recessed. Need a mate for my 90 watt Quicksilvers. Have heard the Proac 1sc years ago but I could not part with 2K for the little guys, great mids and smooth sweet detailed highs. Bass not too deep though. Technology must have moved on to almost get it all at under a G by now? Right?? ;)
bottleflow
If it must be small, Spendor s3/5 are a really good HONEST speaker under $1k new, around $600 used. If you can go with a modest bookshelf your options open up considerably.
I just picked up a set of Audio Physic Sparks (original model), beacause I was looking for the same thing, basically. These babies simply jump into the room with a huge, spacious soundstage and a ton of detail. I can't imagine getting more speaker for less money, EVER!
Eminent Technology LFT-8A's new or used. Paired up in "stacked" configuration, they slay legions of giants.