Can you ever go back and be happy?

My audiophile friends and I often discuss if we know any highenders who have great planar speakers (Soundlabs,Apogees,Magnepans) that could go back to a box enclosure speaker and could truely be satisfied with the sound of their system. We believe there is a special quality the way a well designed planar loads a room which just sounds more natural and real to us compared with a baffled speaker design. On to the question. Not including having to down size or change speakers because of $issues or logistics, having to move your sytem to a smaller space etc., have any of you GON members gone from a world class planar to a box enclosed design and were able to really be happy and not long for the "good old planar days". We do not personally know anyone who has ever done it and was truly happy about afterwards. It would be great if any of you fellow GON members can relate to this question through your own personal experience and share your opinions with us.
teajay
Jafox, those are not speakers you have, those are walls arent they????????? wow and WOW!

Those speakers are better built than a whole trailer park in Alabama, and probably just as hard to move!!!
I used to own Quad 57 and Maggie 1.6 and moved to JM Reynaud Trentes and now own Audio Note AN E.

I prefer the dynamic presentation of a quality box speaker. My AN-Es throw a huge soundstage with beautiful midrange that is very natural, also my 18 watt amp drives them with no problem.
I must be immune to Maggie magic. Went from MG-IIBs to MG-IIIs to ... ProAc Response 2s. Subsequently upgraded to ProAc Response 3s, then back to boxless speakers, first the Gallo Nucleus Ultimates and now the Gallo Reference 3s. I did like the Maggies, but never mourned their passing.
I kept my last 4 pair of speakers because I liked them all. Two boxes (one large/one small), one small hybred, one large planer type.

If I ever buy another pair I'm going to get some horns...some BIG HORNS! Used speakers aren't worth much you know.

Dave
I really missed my maggies at the beginning. But after listening to single driver/crossoverless and horn loading box speakers. I found my cure. Not going back to planars. I like using the lower wattage amplifiers.They just seem
less noisy to my ears. The soundstage isn't as large but it sure is much clearer and defined.