I'm looking for inexpensive bookshelf speakers.

I'm looking for some inexpensive bookshelf speakers. $600 or under. For now they would be hooked up to a 65 watt per channel Denon receiver. I really like B&W 602's, but I would like to know what other people like in that price range. I listen to, blues, classical, and classic rock mostly.

Eben.
estrong
I agree with your original assessment of the B&W. I also like the Epos speakers in that range. You can usually find some of their speakers that retail above $1000 for about half that used here.
I'll jump on the NHT bandwagon as well. In their price range, they are just killer. And FWIW, I slightly prefered the focus and detail of the SB2 to the slightly greater frequency range of the SB3. There are many great little speakers that I haven't heard, but in my experience, the NHT's stood at the top of my list, until you start moving up into ProAc, Totem or Thiel range.

Tom.
Madisound.com offers some fabulous kits, and assembled versions too. I have been thru the mill with umpteen small spkrs and now use and love SEAS Cygnets 2s, large 2-ways that really sing with a 25W Gaincard clone. Several notable features: big phase plug on the woofer, woofer mounted above the tweeter for time coherence, a LEAP crossover tuned for the best sound, and a slot-loaded cabinet. 40 Hz bass and smooth, non-fatiguing highs. Madisound knows their stuff, hard to go wrong with these, and they will definitely rock. "Simple and elegant." Good luck in your quest.

http://madisound.com/cygnet2.html
Usher S-520, they sounds like ProAc Response series. They do need some muscle, but your Denon receiver should be fine.