Very Small Desktop Speakers

Can anyone give me advice on small to very small speakers that could sit on a desktop? I have moved to a new open office situation where I have walls but no ceiling so my old Plinius 8200 and B&W 805 speakers are just too instrusive to some the others around me. My source would be my Apple powerbook or maybe a small CD player. Let's face it, sound quality is not the most important issue but size is. I was thinking of a Sophia "Baby" amp or something equivalently small--so speaker efficiency is also a consideration.
thanks for the tips in advance.
huntermusic
Budrew,

I've been leaning toward the Tannoys myself. I love the looks in the bronze color. I also like the fact that they can be wall mounted which I need. The problem I'm having is the price; $1100 with the wall mount brackets. Granted, the are a niche product and also very stylish, but they are also pretty small.

I'm also considering a small pair of Tyler acoustics with an adjustable wall mount speaker bracket that you don't have to drill holes in the speaker to use. Or maybe a pair of Totem Dreamcatchers with a wall mount bracket. I had a pair of Totems in my big rig for a few weeks which I borrow from a friend. I was impressed with them for the money.

I guess I'll make a decision when I hear the Tannoy's. I'm trying to get the best sound for the least amount of money, but I also want if to look good.
There is another thread on this topic in the Digital forum and in that thread someone recommended Swans M200s. Less than $200 and the comments about them are good. They are not small (about the size of an average bookshelf speaker) but don't require a subwoofer. They are self powered. For the price they're worth a shot.
Acoustic Enerty AEGO speakers sound really nice for tiny speakers. Very smooth and unfatiguing from what I remember. I saw them in Sound By Singer several years ago setup with a Loewe Aconda TV up front. I wasn't looking at the TV or the speakers, but the sound made me stop and pause for a moment on my way out. I made a mental note "for tiny speakers, those things are incredible." I think they got rave reviews when they first appeared.

http://www.acoustic-energy.co.uk/products/p5mk2/aegop5mk2.html
I owned a pair of the Swans. They don't really require a sub, but they are pretty big. The wife said that they took up too much desk space so I moved on.
I'm very happy with my Paradigm Mites (not to be confused with Totem Mites) on my office desk, less than a metre from each ear. Cost me about $300 Cdn new, should come in around $200 Usd. If I didn't have them, I'd be pulled strongly to the Epos ELS 3s for just a little more money.

As for Budrew's musings; no offence, but I'd consider it a sacrilege to put Dulcet's on a desk top, but hey, however you like to burn your money...Dulcets are fabulous main speakers on good stands in a smallish room...