gallo ref3 with the golden ear awards?

what ya think? i think so
alwaysheng
Great speakers. Worth much more than $2600. Big, musical sound despite their diminutive size. Can sound like hell during their extended (like, 200 hours) break in, but otherwise I love 'em. Dave
The longer I own 'em, the more I love 'em. I continue to listen to reference models from other manufaturers. These match or better their performance every time, typically at a fraction of the price.

Anything this riduculously good at such a low price deserves the Golden Ear.
They have beautiful industrial design and lots of people say they sound great. The TAS reviewer says the "midrange drivers and tweeter are time-and-phase aligned" and I take him to imply that the bass driver is not time-and-phase aligned with the others. So here's a question for the audio engineers out there:

We all know that bass energy is non-directional, but is it possible to achieve time alignment when some drivers do not face the listening position?

Have any reviewer actually measured the timing of any claimed fully or partially time-and-phase aligned speakers, e.g. Dunlavy, Gallo, Green Mountain, Meadowlark, Vandersteen, etc? Or are the claims taken on love, hope and faith, "love being the greatest of these?"