Meadowlark Kestrel II vs. Soliloquy 6.2

I'd like to duplicate the live music experience with a two-way speaker. My goal is to miraculously have Coltrane, Miles, Jimi, Stevie Ray, etc. perform in my living room. This speaker also must have a high "WAF" (Wife Acceptance Factor).

I'm very interested in the Meadowlark philosophy regarding time and phase coherency and the use of 1st order crossovers, reproducing the original wave form as the music was recorded. How will these two speakers compare? Is the apparent smaller "sweet spot" of time/phase coherent speakers significant?

My system: Ah! Njoe Tjoeb CD Player w/upsampler
Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp
Quicksilver Minimite Monos
Klipsch Heresys

My room: 20'x14'x8'

I listen to a variety of music including Jazz, Classic Rock, and Classical so this speaker needs to be versatile. I don't need to shake the walls with thunderous bass but I like to crank it up once in a while.

Any other suggestions for two-way speakers in the 2k range would be appreciated.

Mike
mootsdude
Howard - I didn't mean to mislead you by saying I'm a "Moots rider". Moots sponsors a racing team based in Steamboat Springs, Colorado (where the bikes are made). I race a Moots bicycle in NJ. Actually I've retired from racing but continue to train with a local amatuer team in Trenton, NJ. To do well in racing requires incredible dedication and tolerance to pain. Beacuse of family and work obligations I've decided to taper off on the racing.

The power cord on the CD player is an upgraded captive cord that is factory installed. For this reason, Im probably not going to mess with it.

Tojman - I have consistantly heard great things about the entire Tyler line of speakers. I'll need to give them a listen. Sounds like they're less finickey with regards to component and cable synergy than the Soliloquy's. What is your associated equipment and what power requirements are necessary to drive the Tyler's?

Don't mean to derail this thread, but in regards to Boa2's remark about the VH Audio Hotbox sounding veiled, I'm curious as to what specific component might be the cause? I'm using a couple of DIY powerbox's comprised of Cryoed Wattagate 5266i to VH 4 cable to Porter Ports in plastic boxes; so the differences are the outlets, lack of Auricaps, and plastic versus the metal box. I haven't noticed any problems, but was considering adding the Auricaps next; and I hope this won't result in the problem that Boa2 has experienced.
Wdi,
I should say that we have a SET amp/horn system, with 104dB speakers. Many of the cables, power boxes, and even power conditioners have had the effect of veiling the sound, making it seem like the highs are simply smoothed over. So I can't imagine that everyone would have the same experience, given the differences in our systems, as well as in our listening preferences. In other words, YMMV.
All the best,
Howard
Boa2,
They did produce low bass, but only on "modern day" CD's for the most part. I broke them in for well over 700 hours, and started to open up at around 300 hours. Drove them with a 40watt tube then a McCormack DNA.5. Don't get me wrong, they sound good, but a poorly produced recording was unlistenable. The Tylers on the other hand make my non-audiophile friends jaws drop. The Tylers need a little more power then the 6.2's. Always wanted to try a krell amp, found a great deal on a 400xi. Sounds impressive, a more in your face sound, not as warm, rather cold, but with super Krell bass control.
Well, Tojman, I just knew there was another speaker I needed to hear. Making a mental note...TYLER.
Thank you,

Howard