Acapella Versus Avantgarde

Beautiful horn products, both. Would like to hear from those who own one or the other or who have listened to both. Acapella is more expensive than Avantgarde, are they worth it?
nottoopopular1bb8
I own the Acapellas and love them. To me they sound more cohearent than the Avantgrades. They are worth the money.
Which model? There are several from each manufacturer. I used the Acapella Violon for a while & the Duo. I much preferred the Acapella.
As an indication, I listen to a lot of classical (and judge by it).
Nice looking speakers on the Acapella site. I never heard of them. But they look awfully nice. Roughly how much do these cost (Violon for instance)?
Gregm,

I've long had admiration for Acapella speakers. It seems you moved to something different after the Violon's - may I ask why and what advantages the new ones had over the Acapella's? Incidentally my preference is certainly Acapella's over AG's too.

thanks

Murray
I will try yo answer some of the questions posed...

Prices are listed on the importer's website at http://www.aaudioimports.com/.

We are an Acapella dealer, and we get asked this question, to compare Avantgarde and Acapella, all the time, probably because of the apparent visual simularities (and the fact that they both start with the letter 'A' and they are often displayed with 'sportscar red' horns, doesn't help any).

Compared to the Avantgarde, Acapella's horns have a more substantial construction and design which eliminates horn colorations and resonances.

The higher end of the Acapella line also incorporates a plasma tweeter which is generally acknowledged to be one of the better, if not the best, tweeter currently available.

The integration of the drivers and driver technologies is also done somewhat better by Acapella, as well.

On the other hand, Avantgarde usually has tighter and more forcefull bass response and is usually quite a bit more efficient and can be driven by very small, sweet tube amps (although the top speakers in the Acapella line get up to 98-100 dB, which ain't too bad either).

Just our opinion, of course, but the top-of-the-line Acapella speakers are *so* much better than any other speaker we have heard, and we've heard darn near all of them, that it is somewhat disturbing and really makes one completely re-evaluate the meaning of musical expression and experience.

Well, on that metaphysical 'note', ;-)

Enjoy!
-Mike (Acapella dealer)