"Non Inductive" resistors.

I have a couple of Boston Acoustics speakers that I picked up for free at the dump. The woofers were torn, but the boxes and grills were like new. I put in a couple of Dayton Audio woofers, and they are better than OK except that the tweeter needs about a 4 ohm padding resistor.

In view of my minimal investment, I don't feel inclined to use exotic resistors. Question is...so what if the resistor had a bit of inductance? Wouldn't the resulting roll off be well above the audio range?
eldartford
Hi Eldartford, I did experiment with resistors in the preamp's line section and they did made bigger difference to my ears than caps replacement. I replaced the old A&B carbon resistors with Holoco, Rodenstein ( they were at closeout price from welbornelabs) and Vishay. 20 cents vs the $2 A&B and I prefer the 20 cents resistors more.
Remember it ain't just the price it is the material makeup. Material makeup and manufacturer make the difference in caps as well..Same with wire. Oh, and all, can hear a difference in a 3 hundred dollar speaker, have replaced many in this price of speaker.Tom
Herman...I confess, that was me about the wire twisting. It was indeed an "inane" question, and intended as such, but only a slight extension of some ideas put forth here. (eg: wires on Dixie cups). Let's not take ourselves too seriously.

This question about non inductive resistors is for real. As Tom suggests (and because the cost is trivial) I will do a tradeoff between resistor types.

PS...I just saw the posting about the sound of Alnico magnets. That's as good or better than my wire twisting thing.
Resistors do make a big difference in the treble. This is most obvious on a speaker that uses a metal dome tweeter. A lot of the glare, hash, spit, and irritating sound is gotten rid of.

Just because a resistor costs $4 does not mean it will sound good. I have seen several expensive "audiophile" resistors that make things even worse.

There are not many real "audiophile" resistors. Like most things in this hobby, the upper echelon products aimed towards other industries do best in our applications. As someone who used to make the materials for the likes of Vishay, Sfernice, Holco, etc. I can tell you there are three main types of materials that go into good film thick/thin resistors:
1) 55% Palladium/45% Silver (Pd/Ag). Very low TCR (Temperature Coefficient of Resistance) and quite stable. Used in low resistance applications (0.1 Ohms to 10 or 100 Ohms - depending on the source material and company). Expensive, as both are precious metals. I believe these have the best sound.
2) Ruthenium. Less good in all respects than Pd/Ag, but provide higher resistance (>10 Ohms). Also expensive, as Ruthenium is also a precious metal, but much cheaper than Pd.
3) Carbon resistors. The most stable, and lowest cost. Can be good, but often can be poor sounding. It may depend on the source, but also the processing of the end user, as I have heard good and bad.

Personally, I prefer none of the above, and think a good wirewound resistor, such as Ohmite or NorthCreek, can sound the best, but there are just as many bad sounding ones, so many prefer film resistors.
OK. OK. I will try the North Creek resistors.

I guess that the supposed superiority of these resistors is based on characteristics other than inductance, which would obviously be of no concern.