"Non Inductive" resistors.

I have a couple of Boston Acoustics speakers that I picked up for free at the dump. The woofers were torn, but the boxes and grills were like new. I put in a couple of Dayton Audio woofers, and they are better than OK except that the tweeter needs about a 4 ohm padding resistor.

In view of my minimal investment, I don't feel inclined to use exotic resistors. Question is...so what if the resistor had a bit of inductance? Wouldn't the resulting roll off be well above the audio range?
eldartford
Theaudiotweak...As I said, I have always used "Audiophile" resistors (not necessarily North Creek items). But I don't know why, and I rather doubt that it would make any difference for these little boxes. When I replaced the crossovers of my Maggie MG1.6 I used $4 resistors, but that was only 2 percent of the project cost, and not worth much thought.
So why, if you already new the answer, that was in your brain..Why did you bother asking?..What constitutes an "Audiophile" resistor, the price, the chemical makeup, the sound in comparison to other devices in the same circuit? Tom
Theaudiotweak...
1. I asked because some people (like you) insist that resistor type affects sound. Although it doesn't make sense to me, I am open minded enough to listen to other points of view. So far I am unconvinced.

2. Please you tell me what constitutes an "Audiophile" resistor, apart from how it is described by the vendor, and the price.
I am not a material engineer. I am a good listener. I am opened minded..I will take chances. I have rebuilt many a speaker..Some of these speakers cost 10k a pair..The single biggest improvement were the replacement of the resistors...Most of these high-end speakers had quality caps and inductors but only five cent resistors..One designer with his name on the grill told me swapping resistors in a AC circuit like a speaker would make no difference..My ears and my eyes told me he was wrong. Swap out the resistors in your throw away speakers live a little learn alot..Please do this in a recordable and repeatable way..What you will experience and learn can be applied over and over again..The North Creeks are really good..Low noise may make the highs sound deficient at first..these babies take 100 hours to break-in..you will have greater definition, blacker backround, much more speed, resulting in better imaging...Tom
Tom...It might take a 10K speaker system, and comparable electronics to hear the difference between resistors! Since I am into the business of installing resistors anyway I just might try an experiment: comparing a 38 cent resistor in one speaker with a $4 resistor in the other. Cheap thrills!