Got my very first system. What's my next move?

Hey everyone,

First of all, I'd like to thank all of you who stopped me from selling my father's 10 year-old McIntosh components. I've talked to some other audiophiles and dealers as well, and it looks like I'll be keeping these babies for a long time.

My first system (mostly given by my father), consists of:

McIntosh MC7300 power amp
McIntosh C40 preamp
McIntosh MCD7008 CD player
McIntosh MR7083 Tuner
Totem Hawk floorstanding speakers
Siltech MXT London interconnects
MIT AVt3 bi-wire speaker cables

Also please keep in mind that my current room is pretty small (10' x 14').

My question was, what is my next move from here? I currently have about $1500 saved up for A/V spending, and if I wait until september, it'll be up to $2500. Many have suggested that I purchase a subwoofer (REL Strata 3 or 5) and some have suggested I invest the money in a good power conditioner (Shunyata something...). I'd like to hear some recommendations from the real audiophile group (the A'goners). Please help :)

Oh, I use the system mostly for music by the way. I'd say about 70/30 music/movies.

Thanks in advance,

Seong
spacekadet

Spend every last dime on music. Buy some blues, classic rock, heavy jazz stuff, the better known classical, some instrumental... find out what the world of music has to offer. The gear is a means to an end, your dad gave you a great "means", go forth and buy music young man. Arm loads of it!
You got a sweet system there. Relax and enjoy your tunes. Down the longer audio highway (if you've got this darn audiophoolish disease) give us a buzz when you become dissatisfied or confused or perplexed about something in your system. We'll add some miracle grow to your confusion. peace, warren
Thanks everyone, I can always count on you guys for a good honest advice.

I actually figured out the next step for myself, while I was looking at the audio system on the floor. I need a stand.

Do any of you have any suggestions/recommendations for a good quality stand that'd match well w/ my McIntosh components (black)?

I'm not quite sure how much I'm willing to or should spend on a nice quality rack, but for now let's say $500 absolute maximum.

Thanks again,

Seong

P.S. Yes, I did treat my father to an excellent steak dinner back in Singapore (where my parents live) and I'll be forever greatful.
http://www.skylanstands.com/ Very good quality stands at a reasonable price. Very sturdy great sound quality I have spikes under mine although rollers are an option and are very convenient as well.

Enjoy the system - it truly is a wonderful gift you've received :)
Your next move is to take your Dad out for a great dinner then get yourself some great recordings and enjoy your good fortune! Your system should hold you for a good long time. As for a power conditioner, make sure you can return it if you don't get the effect you want. They don't always make a real audible difference. Unless you are a big bass fan I would hold off on a sub until I got a bigger listening room. Enjoy!