Legacy Audio

Does anyone have any impressions of the speakers from Legacy Audio?

I want to purchase a set of two front speakers for stereo music listening only. I listen to a wide range of music types but lately have been on a classic rock kick. However my classical and opera library has to sound good also.

I am concerned with two things - first and foremost sound quality. Second, the speakers need to look nice as they will be going in an area that my wife wants to "look nice". A friend suggested I look into Legacy Audio.

I've only seen their web site and have not had a chance to actually hear their speakers, but I have to admit the web site is impressive. My budget can accomodate up to the FOCUS 20/20 speakers they have, but I would be interested in trying out some of the lower end ones as I'm not sure if my ears will detect the difference - hopefully I can get to one of their dealers one of these days to listen.

Any impressions would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone has any other suggestions for my needs, that would also be very useful.

Regards,
Peter
petequad
FWIW, I've owned a pair of Legacy Classics for just over 5 years - very, very happy with them.
I'm very impressed with the Legacy Focus speakers both musically and their beautiful construction. They sound fantastic with my friend's KSA-250.
Good hunting,
Steven
Yes I am another happy owner of the Sig III . IMO tough to beat at the 4K pricepoint. The finish {especially in rosewood is beautiful}. You will need space for them, at least 2 feet from the backwalls , not to close to the side walls and despite their good effiency rating, you really need some quality upstream compnents , CDP, Pre and and good power to make them shine. But again thats true of any quality speaker. If you buy them new be prepared for about three weeks of boomy bass, after which they loosen up and sound great. They also sound superior in my experience shotgunned bi wire. Ive gone back and forth with different speaker cables, single and shotgun, and evertime The Legacy has presented a much larger open sounstage Biwiring. Best of luck !
Very pleased with my Legacy Classics, mine are the curly maple upgrade- my wife has no complaints and they are in the living room. Also, Legacy's support has been excellent, answering set up questions when I moved them, sending me new jumpers when I decided to stop bi-wireing and couldn't find my original ones(I'm a long way from a dealer), etc. Just very nice people. I shopped probably 10 or more speaker lines before buying and am happy with my decision. I recommend you audition them.
At a lower price point (?), has anybody auditioned the new Victoria three-ways? They look like a substantial improvement over the much older Studio two-ways (both are stand-mounts).