Speakers For McIntosh?

Hi,

I just want to know what kind of speakers you Mcintosh fans are using and recommend.

Thanks
Walter
sroka004538e
I have been very happy with Thiels and my Mc's I used Thiel cs-6's and now the 7.2's with a mc-500 and now a mc-602 FWIW I am using Nordost Valhalla's to connect them
For music or HT...both?
For music, you might try the Thiels, NHT's, or other "matter of fact sounding speakers". The Mac's are forgiving and sweet on top. I think you'd be happy in this genre. Anything with that "transparent, uncolored, detailed sound" should do well. I can think of speakers like Maggies, Thiels, Wilson, Apogee, NHT's music line(not as refined ultimately), Talon, B&W Matrix 805's for cheap to Silver Sig's, Proac 2.5's, etc.
I would stay away from Sonus Faber, Mirage, Vandersteen, and other warmish and or veilied sounding speakers.
Otherwise, Macintosh's own speakers work well with those amps obviously. Good luck
If you were to do a search hereabouts on this subject you will invariably find reccommendations for Tannoy speakers, expecially if your amp is a tube amp. If it is solid state then many of the above suggestions are very valid. While I did shop Tannoy for my McIntosh 2102, I settled on a pair of Kef 205s.

Don't decide until you also get a chance to check out Magnapans(Maggies).