Avalon: are new models quite better than older ?

I'm curious if all Avalon's owners are completely satisfied with the new vented models respect the previous sealed: I know the factory point of view but I wonder if in this particular aspect -bass articulation, impact and speed- the discontinued Ascents or Radians (just to name a few) could be better than the new Eidolons or Opus... Any comment will be appreciated ! Thanks, Luca.
luke72
Does anyone know the history of Avalon wrt who designed which models? I know that Charles Hansen, now of Ayre, did the Ascent and Eclipse. The next products were the Monitor and the Radian and then the Arcus, I beleve. After that, I think it all went ported (maybe Arcus has a port also), and I know Hansen was long gone. Did Neil Patel (he of rather large ego) come in right away, or was there someone else in there for a while:?
Does anyone know the history of Avalon wrt who designed which models? I know that Charles Hansen, now of Ayre, did the Ascent and Eclipse. That may have been it for Hansen. The next products were the Monitor and the Radian and then the Arcus, I beleve. After that, I think it all went ported (maybe Arcus has a port also). When did Neil Patel (he of rather large ego) come? Did he follow Hansen or was there someone else in there for a while?
Drubin, you can find info about Avalon story from the company site, reading the reviews of the models. The big boss at Avalon were Neil Patel but I'm not sure if something changed recently. Thanks, Luca.
Luke: I am an owner of both electrostats(Acoustat 2+2s) and the Avalon Radian (not HC) with both tubes and solid state.
I would state that the bass definition of the two are actually quite comparable but the quantity of bass is higher in the Radians. Midrange goes to the Avalon but the treble region belongs the the Acoustats. The dynamics both macro and micro goes to the Avalons. Along with imaging and soundstage width and depth. Clarity goes hands down to the Acoustats.

In comparison to other Avalons I much prefer the Radians to either the Opus or the Eidolons because of the integration of the bass to the midrange drivers, but the inegration of the midrange to the treble seems quite better in the Eidolons and to a lesser degree the Opus. Eidolons Diamonds are in a league of their own: the treble and midrange integration is superb along with a tight taut bass.

Since I like the cello solid state electronics seem to work better than tube amps. I have an all spectral setup along with MIT cables. I can listen to Schnittke, Schubert,
Beethoven, my beloved Hank Williams and Yardbirds for hours and hours without any fatigue
Shubertmaniac, great post, thanks ! I'm so glad that many owners prefers the discontinued Radians vs the Eidolons, my initial feeling is right ! Thanks again to all audiogoners.