Vandersteen-like "In-between" speakers

I have a pair of Vandersteen 3A signature speakers that came on loan from my brother and I have to give them up in about a month. I am using them with a McCormack DNA-225 and they sound great. I have heard from others that Vandersteen works well with McCormack.

I don't want to spend more money than I have to, but I have about $6K set aside to buy my own speakers. This amount is much more than the 3A signatures. There is no way that I can stretch to buy the Vandersteen 5 or 5A's. A friend of mine has them and they are fantastic.

Can anyone suggest a speaker in my price range, which falls between 3A and 5A, that will give me the same "flavor" as the Vandersteens and will mate well with McCormack? I listen to all kinds of music except very little classical - mostly rock, jazz, bluegrass, vocals.
motdathird
Motdathird,
If you are opened to used speakers, you can get a pair of used Avalon Radian HC or Dynaudio Contour model ?? for $6500. I think it has all the improvements/qualities that you described.

Maggie MG-20 would be another great choice. I think McCormack DNA-225 can work reasonable well with all these speakers.

Perhaps even a pair of Wilson speakers if you like them.
Motdathird, After reading a little more on this new Vandersteen I still believe its worth waiting for an audition.

The show reports seem promising. Soundstage and Positive-Feedback approved of the sound for what it's worth. I can't wait to actually listen to them myself.

That said, If they are nothing more than 3ASigs with 2WQ's in overall sound quality I feel this is a step sideways for Vandersteen. Sure the inclosure size is attractive and placement/space issues much improved over trying to place a pair of 3A and 2WQ's. Not to mention the extra cables and hook-up issues with the 2WQ's. However if they don't offer most of that Model 5 transparency and perhaps a good chunk of the 5A magic (Quatro A perhaps?) then there is little to look forward to other than easier setup.
Well, even though it was in a different room, and about two months apart, I still feel that the Quatro is a significant improvement over the 3A Sig + 2Wq combination. And yeah, it's significantly smaller and more convenient than having the 3A Sig and 2wq in the same room...

But then again, all I want is a pair of 2CE Signatures for right now.
Vandersteen has reportedly made the statement that the Quatro is NOT the equivalent of the 3A Sigs and 2wq's. How could it be in the bottom especially? The 2wq uses 3-8" drivers, the Quatro uses 1-8" driver. No way are you going to move the same amount of air.
It's actually two powered 8" drivers Bigtee. I honestly hope this thing is a model5 from the midbass up. Looking at the depth of the Quatro confirms more in common with the 5 than the 3. If you put it all together considering price point it makes sense too.

Model 5:
$11,400

Quatro:
smaller midbass driver
less expensive subwoofer driver arrangement
smaller amplifier
less expensive cabinet construction
no wood veneer (sock)
$6500

The Quatro in my opinion must offer something more than compact size and room correction over the 3Asig+2WQ combo. It wont be in ultimate bass output and extension as you pointed out Bigtee. So logic (or is it my wishful thinking?) dictates this new speaker will have much in common with the model 5 from the midbass up.

If this speaker equals the model 5 with slightly less bass extension/definition and it's simple sock finish, I predict it will FLY out the door.