Anyone in Vegas listen to the Gilmore speakers???

If so, any impressions? Thanks in advance.
dolphin
115dB would of course affect your hearing. How on earth one could claim to make any judgement about sound quality with music played that loud escapes me.

I'd be more convinced if this wasn't another riff by someone with something to gain.
There is no dobt in my mind these Gilmore speakers can play 115db @ 1 meter.

KF
A planar speaker it is not. At least not in the traditional sense of the word. Four 12" woofers do not planar equal.

As for the continued touting of their 115db output, I hardly see the point. If loud is what you want, it can be achieved for a LOT less money. A pair of Altec Voice The Theaters would get you there and STILL look better.

The consensus amongst the audiophile crowd who AREN'T personal friends of Mr. Gilmore or business associates who stand to gain monetarily from the sale of these monstrosities, is that they sound "okay" but do NOTHING to justify their high cost. And...of course...they look like a cooktop. For that money, I'd take a nice 48 or 60" Viking Range any day.
I count myself in the "audiophile camp", not being a friend of Mr. Gilmore or someone financially dependent on his success.
I think these speakers are more than "O. K." but do agree that these, and most hi-end products, are grossly overpriced.
I laugh when I see Wilson and Alon speakers costing as much as a Ferrari.
Ten years ago or so $8000 was really pushing the cost ceiling. Today, this is considered mid-range.
I'd like to see a manufacturer try to justify the prices they charge with a cost analysis.
The mind-set today is: "Why do something if it doesn't put a Porche in the garage of my house on the hill?".
Give us poor music lovers a break!
My wife and I heard the larger model displayed at the St Tropez. To me they did sound pretty good. They certainly go loud without compressing and at the distance we listened, they were coherent enough, and the truth of timbre was pretty good too, but(and it is a BIG one) the looks are far too industrial. I'm a fan of big speakers(I think the Apogee Diva is elegant despite being sort of avantegarde in appearance and I think the Maggie 3.6 and 20.1 are lovely) but these babies are badly in need of an extreme makeover. If they looked more like the lovely Linda O'Neil I'd think you'd have a hit!