Is there a Music Player for this?

I'm looking for a quality music player without a built-in DAC or hard drive for the music files. So, a hard drive for just the operating system is fine. I want to store my music files on an external hard drive using either an eSATA or Firewire connection to the music server. And, I want to use either a coaxial, optical, BNC, or AES connection between my DAC and music server. I also need to use my iPad as the controller.
kennythekey
Steve, do think that a player with a USB output like the antipodes would sound better running into the DAC via an Off Ramp or run directly into the USB input of the DAC through a good cable?

I'm very interested in the Antipodes and thought it sounded good with USB input to my DAC.
I'm using a Sound Science Music Vault Diamond player coupled to my Weiss Dac 202. I currently use the AES/EBU connection to the Dac but this unit will do Firewire or USB also. In my system, it beat the pants off the MacMini I previously used.
I have changed my mind on the configuration, and I will use my NAS for file storage/playback.

The Music Vault looks like a winner, however.
Post removed