Please rate WATT/Puppy 7

How great is it?Is it musical? Classical music only. Lots of chamber.
nmurro
Keithr,

I took a long time to decide. I auditioned many combinations in stores and at home. Ultimately, I chose the Wright Sound Company WPL20 preamp and the Music Reference RM-200 amp. I don't get much from other folks' detailed and generally non-musical descriptions of systems, so I won't bore you with mine. However, I will say that this combination was best able to facilitate an emotional connection with the music I like to listen to.
fwiw, a truly great speaker should sound great with ss or tube gear/any decent cd/lp/in the home. i.e.- if you spend let's say 5k for a very good ss amp, that SHOULD suffice. i have a rowland consonance preamp- is that $3k piece "not good enough?!" while i am under the
wilson (it's the bentley of speakers) spell, i still
have my doubts about non-user friendly products just the same.
After 5 year of listening and traveling to dealers this is what I found does and doesn't work. I am now a WP7 owner.

Wilson synergy that I didn't like (Classe, Krell, Mark Levinson) any type of silver cable YUK or Audioquest or monster yuk .. High's were all too brittle and etched, not musical.. they disected musical scores.

Wilson Synergy that I could love (VTL, Manely, Rowland, LAMM,other mosfet solid state (not bi-polar), ARC Solid State or Tubes, CJ (not really realistic but very warm an pleasing. Music Reference (RM9,RM200)). Transparent Cabling seals the deal and takes these to the next level

Siliab - Great Match I still keep kicking around buying the Music Reference RM200, I owned an RM9 which was awesome (realist control without tube bloat) and huge soundstage and increadible for vocals.. I still might pick one up to try on my WP7's (the Lamm's I have are amazing but I've always wondered about that gem of an amp!)