Best speaker value

I'm running two Classe DR-3 amps in bridge mode with a Musical Fidelity CD-Pre24. I'm looking for the best used speaker value in 1800.00 dollar price range. I listen to all gener's of music and at moderate to loud sound levels. Room is of medium size and not dedicated. Of paticular importance if female vocal. All help most appreciated. Cheers Gary
gary363617
Why buy used? The Thor kit from Madisound (www.madisound.com - look under kits) is $1500 per pair and is a wonderfully clean and smooth speaker. The speaker is a transmission line design with an MTM driver layout based on the latest magnesium cone technology from SEAS. The kit is easy and quick (about 2 hours) to assemble and comes with handsome prefinished cabinets. This Thor will easily best anything available used at the $2000 mark and gives many much more expensive speakers a run for the money. I have compared it to many of the current contenders (Vandersteen 3A and 2CE, Thiel 2.4, JM Labs Utopia, B&W 803 among others) and it has come out on top every time. Give it a look!
While you are at it, compare the THOR to what you get with the Tyler Acoustic Linbrook Monitors. They are here used and sometimes auctioned by Tyler Acoustic themselves here. Usually go for around $2000. They are excellent and an excellent value.
Happy Listening!
I'm not going to claim that they will easily better anything under 2k, but I would second the recomendation for the Maggie 1.6