Speakers to Mate with McCormack?

Hi all. I have a DNA .05 Rev A amp, and am adding an RLD-1 pre soon. I've heard Vandys are good mates, but would like some more options. I need a floorstanding speaker to provide full-range sound for a music collection that has every genre imaginable in it. Primary tastes are rock and jazz, though. Looking at $1k-2k used, ideally, maybe up to 2500.

Thanks in advance for the advice!
aggielaw
I had a pair of Vandy's with a DNA-1, I foolishly thought the Kestral HR's might be better suited to my room based on the size. There was no comparison, the Vandy's blew away the Kestral's in the bottom end & sounded better overall. Fortunately I kept the Vandy's & sold the Kestral's.

I have since moved on to a pair of Von Schweikert VR4jr's & there is no comparison. I would suggest giving the VR4's a try, they can be had cheap on the used market & while they look as ugly as the Vandersteen I would bet they are a better speaker for Rock.
I own Meadowlark and Vandersteen. No comparison. The VS "house" sound is much better to my ears. Fuller, richer, great sound stage in all dimensions.
Used to sell Klipsch. Great speaker for those with hearing impairment in high frequencies. If you are under the age of 65, don't buy 'em. &0 or above- they'll sound better than a flat speaker.
Sorry about the klipsch comment. I really did sell the forte's though. In any event, with that amp you can pick any speaker you like. The real question is "what speaker for 1- 2k" used. Vandy is a great choice.