Subwoofers?

I am considering upgrading my Paradigm Ref Servo-15. I am seeking more musicality and tighter definitive bass as well as retaining good strong impact for theater. The servo-15 satisfies the theater needs but seems slow on music. I have just returned from auditioning the Monitor Audio FS212 and the Rel Storm and Stadium. The Stadium would be my choice of the three but 1) it is actually larger than my present sub and I was hoping to recover some floor space. 2)it was 1000.00 higher in prie than the other two. So my question is what do my fellow a'goners
recommend?
128x128theo
I'd definitely experiment with different sub positions and angles, and the crossover/volume settings on the X30 before getting another sub.

I have an old NHT SW3P being powered by a Bryston 4b, controlled by a Paradigm X30 and have achieved satisfying bass for my small room. Opting for a lower crossover setting helped reduce boom and give the illusion of better speed and pitch. And, finding an unorthodox location mid way along the side wall facing in helped too. It can take a lot of work and listening, but the results may surprise you.

Two smaller, faster subs might be a better solution. That is if you can swing the extra cash and have the room for them.
Theo. You have yet to even hear your system if you are running your mains through the x-30 crossover. To be blunt and honest...the x-30 crossover is simply a piece of junk.Borrow or demo a decent crossover and you would be amazed at how great the servo 15 really is!
I would suggest that you audition a Super Cube Subwoofer from Definitive Technology. Very impressive bass output, small size, integrates well with full range and monitor speakers, and relatively inexpensive at $1200 retail. In my system it is quicker and more musical than the REL Storm III and the Sunfire Signature Sub that I have previously owned.
Yes, I'd definitley NOT run any main speaker through the X30. I run my ProAc monitors full range and use the X30 only on the sub. The X30 muddied up the midrange and killed the air when I hooked my ProAcs to it.