Meadowlark Swift vs. Soliloquy vs. Concertinos

I need help picking between these three speakers. I am using an audio refinement complete integrated amp with a cambridge audio dvd player with all analysis plus cables. I have listened to the Swifts and Concertinos and like them both very much. I have also tried the Triangle Zephyr XS's but they seem a little too forward (analytical). I have not heard the Soliloquys but have read some good things and they are the cheapest of the speakers i have been looking at. I listen to a lot of acoustics and vocals. If anyone has some advice it would be greatly appreciated.
a4ryan
I've had almost the identical setup. I got rid of the Meadowlarks cause I couldn't make them sound the way everyone said they should. I much prefered the B&W CDM 1 NT with my audio refinement. Especially for vocals and acoustics. In fact, I'm trying to get rid of my Revels to go back to the CDM 1's. Hope this helps.
I heard some Meadowlarks just the other day.They sounded ok but it could have been the gear, a VTL intergrated and a Rega planet.It lacked the last bit of air on the cymbals that I'am use to.I found I had to turn up the volume to really hear the soundstage.The midrange is really good on these speakers.The Solilquys sound more physical to me with more air and weight to the music.Midrange is on par with the Meadowlarks .It's hard to say what will match up with your gear.I'am not familiar with the Concertinos and can't comment on them.Which model of Soliloquy are you looking at? This will make it a little easier.
Sorry, I guess I should have specified. I am looking at the Soliloquy 5.0 w/stands. I have been auditioning the Swifts the last couple of days and have found them very engaging but lacking that very last bit of detail. I know this is a little off subject but I have been playing with my power cord setup and this is making a huge difference. I am using a Audio Power Pack II with Audio Power PK 313's(i think) Should the power cable to the Int. Amp go straight into the wall or through the line conditioner?
I guess as far as the power conditioning goes it depends,which ever pleases you most.I can't tell the difference with my amp being plugged into a power conditioner but my cd-p is a different story.Yeap that's what I heard with the Swifts,they were a little rolled off on the top end.The 5.0s are some great little speakers.They are extremely open and airy.It will take 400 or 500 hrs of playing time to really hear them.But once you get use to the open sound it will be hard to look at another speaker.I cannot rememer if they are biwireable.But if so I would advise you to biwire them.I have tried it both ways and there is a definite difference.I want even listen to my 6.3s unless they are biwired.Listening to vocals and acoustic music or any other kind ,you really can't go wrong with the Soliloquys.Hope this helps!
I honestly cannot comment on the Solilquy, but I do own the Swift's, powered by 2 Bryston 2b's and a Blue Circle pre. The biggest factor is room size and placement. If the room is too big, the Swifts will soound weak on the bottom end. I love the Swifts, actually one of the best sounding speakers I have ever heard (In the Price Range), they replaced a pair of maggie 1.6's the room was just to small to let the maggies breath. If your dealer can let you take a pair to try, it would be your best solution.