Best of all worlds??????????

I have been shopping for a speaker that suits my tastes. I thought I was down to 2 speakers, and I would have to decide between them, that being the b&w n804's or the sonus faber grand piano home's. I listen to the gp's with some grover washington, or cyrus chesnut, or some light classical music, it sounds warm and sweet, then I put on some stones, eric clapton, yes, etc, and it sounds like crap.....Ditto for the n804's... My problem is that I am tired of the old saying, that it depends on what kind of music do you listen to.... If you are spending 3000.00+ on a set of floor standing speakers, shouldn't there be an overall excellent speaker. What would be considered a speaker that sounds just as good listening to classical as it would listening to the stones.....Yes I know that rock music is mostly recorded like crap, and I do not want to change the way it sounds, I just want to enjoy it...Can this be done, has this been done.....Do you know a speaker that is excellent of for all kinds of music.....Is there a speaker that is excellent for all kinds of music... Help me, as I am losing my cool
nyrgrs60
You ask ".....shouldn't there be an overall excellent speaker."

No. There are many overall excellent speakers but not one. All are imperfect and selecting the one that matches your room, system and, most of all, your taste is the difficult part.
What's the rest of your gear? How is the listening room set up? Can't just throw up your hands and blame only the speakers. BTW, if you're looking for an "excellent overall speaker" at that price range, check out the Thiel 2.4 also.
Perhaps both speakers are revealing the poor recording quality of the stones, eric clapton, yes, etc. Not all CDs are created equal. Sting has always been one of my favorite artists, until I upgraded my system. Now all of his CDs sound overly compressed to me.

JD