replacing Dunlavy SC-IV's

Hi folks, I've lived for 7 years now with a pair of Dunlavy SC-IV's, which are admirable speakers by the way. Now I'm looking for other speakers (better ones). Are there better speakers than these Dunlavies (maybe SC-IVA of SC-V) for a reasonable price ($15,000 would be my limit). My set: CEC TL-0 CD-transport, Bel Canto DAC 1.1, Accuphase amplification and Dunlavy SC-IV's. What do you think of Genesis or JM Lab (Utopia)?

Regards,
Dazzdax
dazzdax
I have also owned the 4s. I have sold them and since moved on. The 4s are a very evenhanded speaker that doesn't do to many wrongs, while in my opinion they don't do a lot of things spectacular. I would skip the 4as or the 5s, they just sound to much like the 4s in my opinion and the 5s are gigantic are require a big room.

If you are going to stick with your current electronics I would reccomend you listen to the Silverline Bolero, I have a hunch they might sound really good with your Accuphase amp. I own the Sonata and have directly compared them to the 4s, while the Sonata seemed to have more issues than the 4s they were much more exciting and spectacular. The Boleros should be better, I heard them at the Home Entertainment show and they were sounding very good.

I agreed with Duke that there are many things to cosider when choosing top notch speakers, mainly for you would be the system and room you are matching them to
As someone who liked Dunlavy speakers, you should give serious consideration to the Vandersteen Model 5A, which shares a number of performance characteristics with the now-defunct Dunlavy line. The Vandy Model 5A sells for $15k, while the original Model 5 is about $3500 less.
I have owned the IV,IV-A, and the V's. Another audiogoner"Calloway" turned me on to the piega line. I now own the c-10ltd which are better in most ways than the Dunlavy's. The bass on the Dunlavy's is bigger if your room allows you to get it right which I could never do. With the right associated components the piega's will provide excellent music.
If you like Dunlavy, besides the obvious bigger Dunlavy', you might want to consider Green Mountain, Meadowlark, Vandersteen and especially Thiel.