Psb Platinum speakers

Has anybody had a chance to see and hear the new Psb speakers? Can you give me your impression please?
norton
I have heard the Platinum PSB's on a all VTL setup.And it is nothing to write home about.Imagining is vague and the soundstage was flat.Maybe this was the VTL gear I really don't know.But it was really disapointing.Hope this helps.
I switched from PSB golds to Mcintosh LS-360's. If you like the relaxed sound of the gold, you will find it in the Mcintosh speakers. However, the Mcintosh's are far far more detailed. Bass is also much better. With the golds, you can't really hear phase changes with bass. You can clearly hear it with the Mcintosh speakers. Drum reproduction is an order of magnitude better with the Ls-360. If you are looking to upgrade from the golds, it can be difficult. They are so competative for the price. I auditioned a lot of speakers before I could find one that significantly outperformed the golds without speading a ridiculous amount of money. The cabinet is extremely well built with a very solid veneer as well with the Mcintosh speakrers. If the Platinums don't impress,you, the MC's surely will.
Hmmm... Platinum speakers and VTL. The Goldis are current-hungry, and even though the T8s are a couple of dB more sensitive, I wonder if a tube amp can source the kind of current needed. How does a Goldi/VTL setup sound?
1439bhr it sounds kinda flat.And the imaging was way off.I'am used to hearing Cassandra Wilson center stage 4 to 5 feet off the floor on one of her recordings.She sounded like she was two feet off the floor next to the left speaker.I could hear the music coming separately out of each speaker.They never disappeared!I really don't know what the problem was but it sounded pretty bad.The VTL tubes are suppose to be stable down to 2 ohms.The Platinums did sound a little better.
I believe PSB is a little out of its market and league in the "hi-end" GOld/Platimum catergory...it is just too competitive at that level...with Maggies,Vandersteen,Thiel,Meadowlark,etc to just name a few...PSB really excels at the sub 1k price points...with their image level series....