Comparison between Sunfire and REL subs ????

Having heard a Sunfire Architectural Signature Sub. I was curious as to what the difference is between this sub and a comparable unit made by REL? Sound being most important. Would also like to know about build quality and price too.
zenieth
I guess I would need to hear a REL unit to compare. The Architectural Sunfire was awesome with my Maggies. I couldn't imagine that the REL would sound better. It's a different situation when your living out in the boone docks. Not being able to audition different upper end items. But one does get curious after they read good articles about products. I appreciate all of the opinions once again. I had better stay with what I know with my own ears. Thanks again................
I am currently using a stereo pair of The Sunfire Signature sub with my MG 3.5/R with excellent results. Properly configured and positioned Sunfire Signatures are very musical, extended with excellent definition and articulation.

I found the Sunfire mcuh easier to blend than the RELs (Strata, Storms, Stadiums) in my listening room (suspended wood floor). The down firing RELs were always too "boomy" and were difficult to integrate because of the absence of a continuously variable phase control (either 0/180 degrees). Whereas, the Sunfire's Phase control can be varied continuously (from 0 to 180)

I feel very strongly, that the negative propaganda re the Sunfire subs, are mostly due to poor placement (need to be away from room boundaries) and incorrect setup (volume too high, phase not properly adjusted).

In my experience, the Sunfire Signature is better in every respect (except for appearance) than the Architectural series. The Architectural series is not as extended and does not have the same sense of ease and control.
Samski, you're dead wrong. Not even close with that remark. You're going to steer him wrong with that ridiculous statement. You couldn't be furthur from the truth. The Architectural Sunfire will go tete a tete with that British downfiring sub of yours, and do more than hold it's own. In a blindfolded test: it would kick it's ass...
I had both the Rel Storm III and the Sunfire Signature. The Rel wouldn't go low enough to really augment the bass of my Merlin VSMs, and it didn't blend very well with them. I never could get it to mate very well with the Merlins, and sold it. I bought the Sunfire for my Home Theatre, thinking the same as Samski. I was shocked to find that the Sunfire was better. It was far more dynamic and went way deeper. It was also much easier to place because of it's size. The Sunfire was absolutely seamless when crossed over under 50 hz.