La Scala vs Klipschorn

I had a pair of Klipschorns for several years, many years ago. To tell the truth, other than I remember them positively, I don't remember much else. (Age takes it's toll!)

I'm considering buying a pair of Klipschorns or a pair of La Scala to replace my ESS/Heil speakers that have more-or-less turned to mush after twenty years.

Anyone care to tell me the differences between the two speakers?

Barrie
barrie
The K-horns will have greater bass weight and extension compared to stock La Scala's.

Something else to consider would be the height of your ears above ground when seated at your listening position. The K-horns are noticeably taller than the La Scala's from what i can recall. As such, the ratio of mids / highs to lows might vary noticeably depending on which speakers you had and where your ears were situated in terms of the radiation pattern of each speaker. Sean
>
Sean is right.
My k-horns do sit a bit too tall for my room/heighth.
big difference in tonal balance between sitting to standing while listening.The LaScala's are better in that respect.
If you have the room,[BIG} I would probably still go for the K-horns for the improved bass.The Lascalas were designed for P.A. use by Paul and first used at a presidential event so I don't think deep bass was a prime
concern.
They were designed for Truman so he could address rallys from a travelling train. It had to be efficient because it was a mobile system. Bass was not an issue, but none of the Klipsh speakers have low bass. The bass they do have though is very convincing. I owned 1977 La Scala's for a number of years. I have listened to K-Horns quite a lot. If I had the space and wasn't planning to move for a long time, there is no question I would go for the K-Horns. The house I was in did not have suitable corners--so I went with La Scalas.
Jax2, what tube gear are you using?

I use my Klipschorns with false corners which does not limit you to using them in two 45 degree corners. Check out the Klipsch.com forum for that simple solution.
Klipsch used to publish a very useful paper called "dope from Hope" {Hope,Arkansas was/is where Klipsch factory is located.Lots of usefull klipsch stuff.Some of the members on the Klipsch forum could provide fotocopies of them for you. I believe Paul Klipsch used false corners for his own system.I've used them myself and they do work as well as stuffing them in a actual corner.