Silverline?Thiels? Audio Physic?: Need guidance

After deciding to look for something better than Thiels Audio Physic, I have been on the verge of purchasing a pair of Silverline Sonatina II, but read that they really sound better with a tube amp. I have a high current SS Aragon amp which is 200RMS. Also, I am confused if this is the best choice of speakers because there seems to be many Silverlines on resale. Yes, their cabinet wood is beautiful, but I don't want a speaker that is going to sound either bright, uneven, dull, or boomy because it is more compatible with some esoteric tube flea power amp. I can't afford to go out and buy $3000-5000 in monoblock tube amps or even a single tube amp of 100 RMS. So, owners or former owners of Silverline Sonata II or Sonatina II, I need your advice. Also, one final question, how does the Sonatina II compare to either the Audio Physic Virgo II, and/or Thiel 2.3 both which I heard and like for different reasons; I was hoping from what I read on the web that the Silverlines are better and offer more detailed and musical sound. Thank you all, SJ
sunnyjim
I don't know about the Silverlines being "better" than the other fine speakers you mention, but I will add that Thiel will shortly be releasing the new CS2.4 to replace the 2.3.
Zaikesman, do you kknow something that we don't? I thought Thiels next speaker would be a new 3 series.
I've owned the original Sonatinas since January '00. I've used them with three tube amps with very good effect. I've heard the "tube preferred" line but can't comment on what they sound like with SS. They are a very detailed speaker but I wouldn't call them bright. Thiels are bright, or just too damn analytical.

I'm also considering selling my Sonatinas, not because I'm unhappy with them, more because I want to explore other speaker types AND find a more suitable mate for my 3.5wpc SET amp. The Sonatinas are remarkable capable performers with the Moth amp but I can't help feeling what it could do with something more efficient.
Don't let someone else tell you what your ears should be hearing. Consider a pass x150, pass aleph, Sim Audio w-3, Plinius sa102, etc and put a tube preamp in front. Or maybe go with passive preamp and ss poweramp or otl tube amp. Point is not to limit yourself to someone else's recommendations (esp the reviewer's), but rather be creative and adventurous in arriving in building out your system.

BTW, Thiel CS2.4 has been unveiled at CES. It is basically a 2.3 incorporating driver technology from the CS1.6. It also features an oval shaped passive radiator.
I've had the Sonata II (as front speakers) for almost 2 years now and my amp is the Moon Titan (5 X 200W) They need a rather large room to perform well and they are very sensitive to placement. Once you get it right, they are most pleasing. I have not tried them with tube amps. I like to listen to music louder than average (I think). To me, they sound very good with SS. I don't think that they are bright sounding speakers, it all depends on everything else they are hooked up to: source, cables etc. As always, it is a matter of taste and that can vary very much from one person to another.